CONDUCTING ONLINE RESEARCH
Where should I look for project information online?
- RERA Website of your State: RERA is the most trustworthy source of information online. RERA website of state (For example RERA website of Maharashtra) will provide you with all critical information of the developer and the project.
- Developer’s website:All reputed developers upload their project related information on their website. Information regarding Project brochure, location, master plan, floor plan, developer’s other projects, ongoing offers, list of real estate agents, etc. can be found on website.
- Online Realty Portals: Property portals like 99 acres, Magicbricks, Commonfloor, etc. provide convenient ways of filtering projects based on locality, apartment type, budget, availability and area
Why do I see different prices for the same project online?
It may happen due to multiple reasons:
- Different Carpet Areas of the units – the more the area, higher is the price.
- Preferential location charges – A higher floor house/the house with a garden view may be priced higher.
- New Sale or Resale – New sale by a developer or a buyer reselling their property may also result in price difference.
Is it possible to find all project information online?
Through a thorough online search, you can find a lot of relevant project information online that could enable you to be more informed before a site visit or interaction with any developer’s representative:
Project overview – Developer’s website
Project photos – Developer’s website
Project construction status – RERA website
Project proposed date of completion – RERA website
Project litigations - RERA website
Project approvals - RERA website
Project Real Estate Agents- RERA website
How can I connect directly with the company representative?
If you wish to connect with the developer directly, make sure to go to the official website of the developer and connect on the contact co-ordinates mentioned there.
How to connect with a credible real estate agent for the project?
As per RERA, each real estate agent needs to be registered with the authority. RERA provides the registration number along with the registration certificate to every RERA authorized real estate agent.
You can check information of all registered agents through the RERA website by searching for his/her name or Agent registration number
(For example, MahaRERA website→ Registration→ Registered Agents → Search→ View details)
List of registered real estate agents can be checked online on state-specific RERA sites (For example, MahaRERA website→ Registration→ Registered Projects→ Search→ View Details→ Project Professional Information)